Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Elijah

One of the first things I thought when I found out I was pregnant was thatAustin would never get to meet him. I found so much joy when I saw how Austin was with Gracelyn. He loved her so very much and it was sad to think that Austin would not be here to meet my next baby.

A loss of a pregnancy should not be something that is ignored. As a Christian, I believe life begins as conception, therefore I believe it was a life that we lost. I am sad when I think that I will never meet this baby on earth, but I am overjoyed when I think about getting to eventually meet him.

The moment I found out I was pregnant I knew it was a boy. I just felt an overwhelming truth in that. When we began to miscarry, I knew I was saying goodbye to my first son. Tim and I wanted to name this baby because we wanted to show significance in his presence, instead of acting as if he did not matter, or exist. We decided on the name Elijah. Elijah is a hebrew name meaning "my God is the Lord". No matter how painful it was to loose Elijah, I still know my God is Lord, my God is good, and my God is loving.

During my miscarriage, my best friend sent me a text message to encourage me. Although it made me cry even more, they were happy tears. She said, "Not only is our heavenly Father getting to meet your baby right now, but Lord willing so is Austin. Remember when you were telling us how much you wanted Austin to meet your baby, and now he is getting to before all of us."

Praise God. My God is Lord. My God is good. My God is loving.
I love you Elijah.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear. I read your other post about the miscarriage and felt deep pain in my heart for you. I am pregnant now again, too, and have feared miscarriage from the beginning. I cannot even imagine that sort of pain but it is so beautiful that God has given you relief and solace knowing your sweet babe is in His arms. I love that name, too, and if I ever have a boy (this one is a girl, so they say. ha ha), I want to name him Ilyas, the Arabic name of Prophet Elijah.
    May God continue to give you healing and know you are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete