Monday, January 23, 2012

2 Timothy 1:7

Fear.

Fear can be gripping, suffocating, and overwhelming. I remember first finding out I was pregnant with Gracelyn and all I felt was fear. I was scared that she wasn't planned by us, I was scared that I wasn't to most healthy person, I was scared I would miscarry. I was scared every doctor appointment. Even though I began to learn about natural birth, I was scared. Fear can over take your mind if you allow it.

God has been reassuring me to release my fears to Him. There are things in my life that I seem to fear, and it consumes me sometimes. Sometimes I hold so tightly on to thoughts, ideas, and tend to fear the worst.

God knows my heart. God knows my fears. I will choose to surrender my fears to Him, because He alone can bring me peace. He alone can calm my fears. He alone is all I need.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment