Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Avalyn Ann


We are having a girl!

We found out last week that Gracelyn is going to have a little sister. We found out a little early and we are just so excited.

We have a lot of friends that do not find out the gender until baby is born, and I see the joy in the surprise but from age 2 I have always hated surprises and this is no different. I didn’t have a preference on either gender, but I am just way too antsy to wait until my baby’s birthday to find out. I see joy and excitement in both options, and would never want to pressure someone else to find out early as we chose to do. I think it is an individual couple choice, and shouldn’t be judged either way.

We are so excited to have another sweet little girl, and I am so looking forward to Gracelyn and her little sister being best friends. I always wanted to have a sister, so I am to give Gracelyn one.
We had been thinking about names since the moment we found out we were pregnant. Well, I was creating lists, and Tim was going through them. Tim doesn’t really come up with any names, but he sure knows what he likes and doesn’t like. We had a few options for both boy and girl but it wasn’t until right before our ultrasound before we finally decided on the name Avalyn Ann. Avalyn means beautiful breathe of life and when we heard that meaning we fell in love with the name. The pain and loss we have experienced with both deaths of my brother and our sweet Elijah, we wanted a name that fit how we felt about our sweet baby. This meaning was perfect, and so was the name! We decided on the middle name “Ann” after 3 very special people in our life: my sweet m other Ann, our best friend Julie Ann, and Tim’s Grandma June Ann.
I have been feeling very excited and at peace about our upcoming birth day. I feel as though I am bonding more with sweet Avalyn, especially knowing that she is a girl now. I am thrilled about our midwife choice, and feel so blessed to get to see her monthly as we prepare for our sweet girl’s arrival.

We are moving next weekend and although it is stressful to move and pack, I am so excited to be in a new home, with more space, and knowing that that is where my sweet Ava will be brought into the world. I will cherish my time there with just Gracelyn, but I do look forward to both girls making memories there. In addition to moving, I started working full-time. Tim is very close to graduating in May but until then, I had to go back to work for our family, in hopes that Tim will find something quickly after graduation. So like always, life has been crazy busy and a new adjustment. I do plan to my 4 month pregnancy update, as I seem to be late on that.

1 comment:

  1. And Tim's Grandma Schweitzer..Mary Ann.
    Congratulations!

    Aunt Beverly Ann.....

    ReplyDelete