Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sacred


Sometimes I struggle being a mom. I may not do things exactly like other moms, and the constant judgement I feel sometimes can break my heart. Sometimes I think I may be in over my head. I only have one child and feel overwhelmed at times, it makes me terrified to think about what it will be like with 2 under 2 years old. My friend Casey is one of the most wonderful moms I know. She is 2 kids, and is about to have 3 under 2.5 years old. I admire how she is with her kids, and when I feel overwhelmed sometimes I think of how wonderful she does, even if she doesn't think she does. I am so often inspired by her.

I was driving in the car a few days ago with a screaming child in the back seat and to try to calm her I put in the only CD in my car I could find. I love Caedmon's Call, and used to listen to them all the time, but I haven't in a while. I popped in the CD and a song called "Sacred" came on. Such a wonderful son
g to listen to as a mom. My favorite line says, "teach me to run to You, like they run to me for every little thing". I thought I would share it with you, along with a picture of our newest addition! Here is the link to open in a new tab to listen to the song http://youtu.be/X0ZwR0tD1R8

Sacred
this house is a good mess
it's the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs
but it don't pay overtime
I'll get to the laundry
I don't know when
I'm saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it s
tarts again
could it be that everything is sacred?
and all this time everything I've dreamed of
has been right before my eyes
the children are sleeping
but they're running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind
my cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing
when I forget to drink from you
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden
wake up, little sleeper the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine rise and shine
cause everything is sacred
and all this time
everything I've dreamed of
has been right before
my eyes




No comments:

Post a Comment