Monday, July 4, 2011

Dearest Gracelyn

Dear Gracelyn,
I would never wanted to have to write this letter to you, but it looks like the day has come. You were truly the apple of your uncle’s eye. I know so many times that uncle Austin was hurting, and he looked at you and it help take the pain away. I remember when we would visit uncle Austin in rehab, he would count down the days until every Sunday because that meant he got to see you, hold you, and love on you. And he did, every Sunday. He would rip you out of our arms and carry you up and down the halls showing you off to everyone. He was SO proud to be your uncle.
When we let Uncle Austin live with us, I know you changed his world. I have never seen him happier than when he was playing with you.
My heart has such pain thinking about your future, and knowing that you will never remember your uncle Austin. I just want you to know how much you meant to him, and how completely in love he was with you.
He loved his Kramer. Because you have such crazy hair, he gave you the nickname “Kramer”. He loved calling you that, but more importantly he loved you. After a day working on the farm or at a meeting, he would come back to our house and just say how much he missed you that day. He would always come home and say that no matter how much time he was gone for that day, he couldn't help from missing you so much.
Uncle Austin had such a big heart. One that was filled with love not only for you, but for the people in his life. I am so truly sorry my sweet baby girl, that you will never remember your uncle, but I pray that when you grow up, you will read this letter and get just a small glimpse of how much he truly cared for you.
I love you sweet baby girl,
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment