Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A different kind of Love.

Gracelyn turned 3 weeks old yesterday! I cannot believe how fast the weeks are going.

I do not think I have ever learned more in 3 weeks than I have the last 3 weeks. Not just on how to be a mother but how to be a better wife.

It is our 3 year wedding anniversary today! I did not think it was possible to love my husband more than I did when we got married 3 years ago. Every year I say that. I look back on the year we had together and always find that I love my husband more and more.

This year seems way different.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I was so concerned that it would pull us apart. Tim didn't seem very "into" the pregnancy or the fact that he was going to be a dad during the pregnancy. It didn't seem real to him. This concerned me a lot when I was pregnant because I worried that the sleepless nights, crying baby, and poopy diapers would stress us both out so much that it would put a wedge between us.

Now, I am not saying that we are perfect or that this couldn't happen sometime but the past 3 weeks I have seen a completely different side of Tim. I didn't think it was possible to be bursting at the seams with love and adoration for him.

I watch him with Gracie and it makes me tear up to see how much he loves her. He has amazed me with how hard he has worked in helping me, supporting me and loving me. I am truly humbled by this man and so blessed by his love.

Instead of the sleepless nights pulling us apart, we lie awake making each other laugh at the dumbest things that only sleep deprived people would get. Instead of the crying baby stressing him out, he always seems to find a way to make her stop crying and loves doing so. Instead of the poopy diapers creeping him out, he wakes up with me many times a night while I am nursing to make sure he is the one to get up and change her.

Although the last 3 years with my beloved husband have been truly amazing, the last 3 weeks I have fallen into a new kind of love for him. A love that I only feel because of the gift of Grace the Lord has given us; our sweet baby girl!


Happy 3rd Anniversary to my husband, my best friend, and the daddy to our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment