Friday, May 25, 2012

My Sweet Girl Gracelyn

Gracelyn Rose,
My sweet little girl, you are almost a year and a half. I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. You amaze me every day with the things you are learning and doing. You love to talk and chatter, even when no one knows what you are saying. Your squeal of joy makes me smile, and can turn any rough day into a beautiful moment. You love to color, do puzzles and read books. Most of my evenings are spent reading books and books to you, and helping you not to get too frustrated with your puzzles that you are so determined to complete.
 Every time I walk in the door from work, I hear your little feet pattering around to run into my arms. I always pick you up and give you hugs and kisses, and ask about your day. Without fail, every single time your first reaction to be is to sign eat. It doesn’t matter if daddy just fed you; you always need to be fed again by mama. I love holding you when you put your head down on my shoulder and grasp my arms like you never want to be let go. You are growing into such a beautiful and joyous little girl.
You have moments when you remind me of myself. Sometimes you get frustrated easily when you cannot do something. You tend to quit and get mad if you don’t understand something immediately.  I do the same thing sometimes, and it drives your daddy nuts! We will learn patience together my girl, and I will be gentle with you and help you to understand things that you may not get right away. You love to make people laugh. Once you get comfortable with someone you want to be the center of their attention. You are shy around new people, or people you have not seen regularly. You tend to grip onto mommy and not want to be put down. You eventually warm up, but I will be patient and gentle with you as you adapt to new people and new surroundings.
Change is coming in your future my sweet girl. In just a few short months you will have a baby sister. My love for you will not change or decrease when Avalyn comes. I promise to still be your loving mama who holds you when you are scared, and laughs with you when you are silly. Things may be different my girl, but my love will remain and continue to grow daily. We will embrace this change together as a family. I love you my sweet girl, and I am so proud to be your mama!
Love,
your mama <3

No comments:

Post a Comment